1 year program for Degree holders in Mechanical Engineering /Naval Architecture. The course of 1 year is approved by Directorate General of Shipping and meets the requirements as prescribed in META Manual of the DG Shipping. It consists of 8 theory papers and laboratory based course titles spread over 1 semester and one semester dedicated towards internship training. On successful completion of training from RLINS a student will be eligible to obtain necessary documentation from authorities and join merchant ships as a Trainee Marine Engineer. Four short term STCW courses (PST, PSSR, EFA & FPFF) which are compulsory for any one who aspires to join the merchant navy, will be conducted during semester holidays.
Course duration »
Graduate Marine Engineering
(1 year for degree holders of Mechanical Engineering/Naval Architecture )-Residential.
Semester – I
Marine Electro Technology
Marine Refrigeration & Air Con.
Safe Working Practices
Fitting / Machine Shop
Semester – I
Ship Operation Management
Watch-keeping & Poll Prev
Naval Arch & Ship Const
Welding & Smithy Shop
Internal Combustion Engines
Marine Engineering Drawing
Control Eng Lab
1. Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Naval Architecture from any AICTE recognized Institute.
2. Minimum 50% total aggregate marks.
3. Minimum 50% marks in English either in Class X or Class XII or in Degree.
Age:Below 28 years.
Must be found medically fit by Institute recognized Directorate General of Shipping (DGS) approved Doctors.
1. Distance vision (unaided 0.5 *(6/12) in each eye or 0.67*(6/9) in better eye and 0.33 *(6/18) in other eye; and
2. Normal colour vision shall be tested by Ishihara test chart.
*values given in Snellen Decimal Notation