Graduate Marine Engineering
- Candidates holding following engineering degree with at least 50% mark in following streams are eligible to take admission in GME course:
(a) All mechanical Engineering streams e.g. Mechanical and Automation, Mechanical and Electronics, Mechanical and Automobile. However, the word Mechanical should be first, indicating that mechanical engineering is the core and the second subject is the elective.
(b) Naval Architecture streams e.g. Naval Architecture and Ocean. Engineering, Naval Architecture and Ship building, etc. However, the word – Naval Architecture should be first indicating that Naval Architecture is the core and the second subject is the elective.
(c) Marine Engineering.
(d) Mechanical Engineering.
- Candidates, who have completed the degree through Lateral entry scheme, are also eligible.
- The degree courses should be from institutes approved by AICTE .
- Minimum 50% marks in English in either 10th or 12th or Degree Examination.
Age: Maximum 28 years
Medical Examinations are conducted by recognised Directorate General of Shipping (DGS) approved Doctors.
To get DGS approved doctors list Click Here…
Standard of such medical examination is general in nature and can be obtained from the Doctors on request.
- Distance vision (unaided 0.5 *(6/12) in each eye or 0.67*(6/9) in better eye and 0.33 *(6/18) in other eye; and
- No Color Blindness : Shall be tested by Ishihara test chart.
- No Night Blindness.
- A Second Eye test will be conducted by institute’s Ophthalmologist at Madurai to ensure complete complaince with the requirement.
- If you fail in this second eye test, the admission will be withdrawn and the amount paid will be refunded after deducting administrative charges.
* values given are in Snellen Decimal Notation
|Course||Next Batch Commencing||Total fee Payment|
|Graduate Marine Engineering