The candidate should meet the following eligibility criteria of IMU as well as
1) Pass in +2 with 60% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
2) Minimum 50 % marks in English either in 10th or 12th Examination.
3) Pass in IMU All-India Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by IMU every Academic Year ONLINE.
4) Medical Fitness certificate issued by DGS approved doctors.
Age as on the date of admission on August 01, 2020 shall be as follows:
i) Minimum age : 17 years
ii) Maximum age : 25 years
For SC/ST candidates, Relaxation in:
Age: Maximum age relaxation is for five (5) years.
Marks: 5% relaxation in PCM marks, which will not be applicable to English marks.
Procedure of Admitting a Candidate:
1. Candidates shall approach ONLINE to RLINS for admission.
2. IMU advertises in the website regarding common Entrance Test (CET) every year, with respect to On-line application Date for conducting the CET Examination. Selected centers for conducting CET.
3. RLINS informs about the CET to the candidates who have applied for admission online.
4. Common Entrance Test is conducted as programmed by IMU.
5. List of candidates, who have successfully passed CET, is published in IMU website.
6. After the CET result is declared by IMU, RLINS shortlists the candidates who have applied for admission online, based on ascending ranking of CET.
7. RLINS sends the Institute Prospectus along with Provisional admission letter, Fee structure and DGS approved doctors list through e-mail to the candidates who are shortlisted by the institute.
8. Provisional admission letter is given to the candidates subject to
i. Pass in +2 with 60% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and
ii. Minimum 50 % marks in English in 10th or in 12th Examination.
iii. Pass in IMU -CET
iv. Medical Fitness.
9. Institute ensures the medical fitness of the short listed candidates by DGS approved doctors, which is submitted during the admission of the candidate.
10.Candidates are responsible for submitting photocopies of all documents including medical certificates to the institute by the mentioned time period which is informed to the candidates through provisional letter.
11.The Candidate effects the payment of 1st semester fees ONLINE to the institute. The feesâ€™ has to be paid through any bank by NEFT (National Electronic Fund Transfer) facility. The following details are furnished for sending the fees through
Name of beneficiary R.L. Institute of Nautical Sciences
Name and Address of City Union Bank
82 A, Tamil Sangam Road,
Madurai – 625 001
beneficiary’s Bank City Union Bank
Account No.: Current A/c No. : 027109000119084
IFSC Code CIUB0000027
After making payment through NEFT mode, the banker will give you a Unique Transaction Reference called UTR Number. This UTR Number must be furnished by the candidate in the online application form.
12.After verification of photocopies of documents, RLINS will intimate the candidates to send the original documents by speed post or submit in-person.
13.On receipt of original documents, Institute will upload the details in IMU Portal. A personal messenger of RLINS will submit the hard copy of originaldocuments to IMU verification team at the verification centre.
14.After the successful verification of the originals, IMU provides Registration Number for each candidate.
15.Confirmed admission letter is issued to the cadets by the Institute (RLINS) on obtaining the registration number provided by IMU alongwith receipt of First semester payment..