OCCP (Orientation Course for Catering Personnel)
The Directorate General of Shipping has started OCCP course with an aim to develop Marine catering staff for personnel holding Certificate / Diploma / Degree in Catering or Hotel Management.
It is felt that there is ample scope of employment in Merchant Ships / Cruise Ships and Passenger Liners for such Candidates who are qualified in Hotel Management with OCCP certificate.
This course is ideal for those who aspire to travel around the world, looking for a cosmopolitan sophisticated way of life, an International pay scale and a multi cultural exposure.
MAKE USE OF THIS GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY!!!
1. Candidate should have Passed 10th or 12th standard Exam from a recognized board with minimum of 40% Aggregate marks (Any Group).
2. Candidate should have secured a minimum of 40% marks in English language in either 10th or12th standard examination from a recognized board/University.
3. Candidate should have obtained Certificate / Diploma / Degree from an institution duly recognized by state board/UGC approved university in any of the following disciplines in Hospitality & Hotel Administration, Hotel Management & Catering Technology, Catering, Culinary arts, Hospitality & Tourism of Minimum Six Month Duration.Candidates holding degree or diploma in hospitality and hotel Administration, or hotel management and catering Technology, or catering, or culinary arts, or Hospitality and Tourism, of minimum six months duration from an institution duly recognized by State board / UGC approved University, or approved by the National Council for Hotel Management and catering Technology [NCHMC] or AICTE.
Age : 18 - 25 Years
1. Must be found medically fit by Institute recognized Directorate General of Shipping (DGS) approved Doctors.
To get DGS approved doctors list Click Here...
- Distance vision (unaided 0.33*(6/18) in each eye or 0.5*(6/12) in better eye and 0.25 *(6/24) in other eye; and
- No Color Blindness : Shall be tested by Ishihara test chart.
- No Night Blindness.
- A Second Eye test will be conducted by institute's Ophthalmologist at Madurai to ensure complete compliance with the requirement.
- If you fail in this second eye test, the admission will be withdrawn and the amount paid will be
refunded after deducting administrative charges.
* values given are in Snellen Decimal Notation
essentials of Safe cooking & Galley Familiarization with hands on Training.