Dr. R. LAKSHMIPATHY
Publisher: Dinamalar – A Leading Tamil Daily News Paper.
Academic & Professional Qualification
1. Graduation in Chemistry from Travancore Univerity.
2. Diploma in Newspaper Management from University of Cardiff,UK.
Service for Education
Founded Subbalakshmi Lakshmipathy Foundation (SLF) in an endeavour to promote education.
Established under the aegis of SLF:
1. Krishnamal Ramasubbaiyer School.
2. Subbalakshmi Lakshmipathy College of Science. Affiliated to Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai.
3. R.L. Institute of Management Studies. Affiliated to Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai.
4. R.L. Institute of Nautical Sciences. Approved by DG Shipping, Mumbai – Affiliated to Indian Maritime University,Chennai.
Positions held in Educational Field:
1. Secretary – The Madura College Board (1986-1990)
2. Senate Member – Madurai Kamaraj University (1989-1991)
3. Senate Member – Bharathiar Univesity (1997-2000)
4. President – Tamilnadu Unaided Colleges Management Association.
5. Senate Member – Bharathiar Univesity (1997-2000)
6. Syndicate Member – Madurai Kamaraj University (2003-2006)
7. Member – National Integration Council, Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India (Aug. 2005-2008)
8. Syndicate Member – Madurai Kamaraj University (2018-2021)
1. D. Litt (Hony. Causa) in recognition of the achievements in Education & Journalism by Alagappa University in 2003.
2. D. Litt (Hony. Causa) in recognition of the achievements in Education & Journalism by Bharathiar University in 2009.
Pivotal positions occupied- Press Related
1.Chairman : Press Trust of India (1998-99, 2006-07 & 2012-13)
4. President : Indian Newspaper Society (1992-93)
5. Executive Committee Member[Current]
6. Member : Press Council of India (2001-2004, 2011-2014)
7. President : Indian Language Newspapers Association. (2001-03)