Basic Safety Training STCW + STSDSD Course
- Batch commencement date is subject to student availability, as per DGS guidelines.
- Boarding & Lodging – Rs. 500/- per day (Single Room Occupancy).
The International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watch keeping for Seafarers (STCW), requires that seafarers be provided with “familiarization training” and “basic safety training” which includes basic fire fighting, elementary first aid, personal survival techniques, and personal safety and social responsibility. This training is intended to ensure that seafarers are aware of the hazards of working on a vessel and can respond appropriately in an emergency.
Basic Safety Training STCW course includes the following courses:
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (PSSR) Will gain knowledge and skills of Safe working practices, precautions to prevent pollution of marine environment, comply with emergency procedure, and contribute to effective human relationships and understanding the cause of fatigue.
- Elementary First Aid (EFA)Will gain knowledge on how to apply elementary first aid techniques and understands what to do in case of any medical emergency.
- Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting (FPFF)Will gain knowledge and skills to understand and minimise the risk of fire, personal safety requirement in using fire fighting equipment.
- Personal Survival Techniques (PST)Will gain knowledge on the survival equipment used, principles of survival, understands how to abandon ship, how to survive in water and how to use survival craft during a maritime emergency.
- STSDSD Security training program provides knowledge on how to
- Uphold the situations set out in the field of the security plan of the ship.
- Classifying the risks and threats associated with the ship,
- Undertaking the regular security related inspections of the ship,
- Using and handling the security systems and equipment.
- For Practical’s : Boiler Suit and Safety Shoes are mandatory.
Aspiring students should possess
- Secondary school certificate (Passed Xth Mark sheet/Pass Certificate)
- Original valid passport (Authority page, photograph page & address page).
- Medically fit as per the standards set by S. Medical Examination Rules, 2000.
Age criteria: Min. 18 Years
- Original & Photocopy of Xth Mark Sheet
- Original & Photocopy of Valid Passport
- 2 Passport size color Photographs
- Medically fitness certificate (Annex IV , V & ILO) from any DG approved Doctor
100% attendance is required for successful completion of this Basic Safety Training STCW course.
- Prior commencement of course INDoS number is mandatory.
- Existing seafarer should carry CDC and basic STCW certificate Photocopy.